Thursday, June 28, 2007

#12 - Rollyo

Discovery exercises, #3 - "Create a post in your blog about your experience and link to your search roll. Can you see a potential use for tools like this?"

I did a search roll called "Adopt Us". I put in websites of adoption "agencies" for cats and dogs, mostly in Maryland. I have no idea how to link to it - if you, dear reader, can figure it out, kindly enlighten me. I logged in as c5mxmgr and I already told you the name of my roll.

Can I see a potential use for tools like this - NO! Except for a few that I know, I used Goggle to get other sites to add. Why bother? Why not go ahead and just use Google in the first place? In addition, when I tried to seach my own roll, I put in "german", since I had specifically included Mid-Atlantic German Shepherd Rescue (MAGSR). The first site I got, which I had NOT included in my roll, was a Tampa German Shepherd rescue organization. While I am pleased that Tampa has such a rescue, I didn't have it in my roll. MAGSR came up, but only on page two. Shouldn't it have been the first website returned, since it was in my roll?

Total waste of time, in my opinion.

No comments: